Back to All States
Sizzler Buena Park Review – 7902 Orangethorpe Ave, CA
Meal: 6oz Steak and all you can eat salad bar
- Service: I went with a larger party at an earlier time than usual, so the place was poppin! However, our server was on top of it. She gave us plenty of plates and drink refills.
- Mac n Cheese: Damn good! Super creamy and cheese. I had seconds of it!
- Dino Nuggets: Allegedly they have these at Costco but they were tasty and fun. I made the La Brea Tar Pits out of mac n cheese and dino nuggets (NOTE: I know dinosaurs were not around the time of the La Brea Tar Pits, but let me have my fun!).
- Chicken Soup: Pretty good. Not bland, not overly salty. Tasty!
- Fruit: Very tasty…especially the strawberries. Now of course I buy my strawberries at the 99cents Only store so my comparison isn’t top shelf, but I enjoyed the pineapple, strawberries and cantaloupe.
- Cheese Toast: Not too bad. Best cheese toast I’ve had so far. BUT still not what it used to be. I’ve come to the conclusion it never will be.
- Pre-made Greek Salad: It was pretty good. Not limp, fresh ingredients, not a sad salad. NOTE: I imagine the time you go to Sizzler will determine the condition of the pre-made salad. Overall, I still recommend that Sizzler goes away from the pre-made.
- Self-made Iceberg Salad – olives, raisins, carrots, creamy italian: I like me some iceberg lettuce. I don’t care what anyone says!
- Chocolate Mousse: You just can’t go wrong with chocolate mousse from Sizzler.
- Cookies n Cream Mousse: This seems to be a consistently good food item at the Sizzler salad bar
- Jello: Yep, another decent batch of Jello
- Ambrosia: Check
- Taco: Eh. Meat was kinda bland and cold. Guacamole was good but the meat just took away from it all.
- 6 oz. Steak: Eh. I remember it being better. Wasn’t really cooked to order (asked for medium and was more like medium rare)
- Softserve: Ice cream cone was broken and just a mess. Actual softserve was ok but they didn’t have gummy bears and didn’t have a wide variety of toppings. So it took away from the softserve experience.
- Dessert Offerings: It was basically just softserve. They did have bread pudding but it was right next to the dino nuggest, so I don’t really count it as dessert! They also had the softserve toppings right next to the hot food bar.
- Size of Restaurant: It was probably the smallest Sizzler I’ve been in. So if you have a large party, this isn’t the location for you. They also didn’t have a banquet room. So no corporate affairs here.
- Bathrooms: I’ll explain the issues I had with the Bathroom below
- two co-ed, single use bathrooms
- WTF?? This is an all-you-can eat buffet. They’re just asking for disaster by having single use co-ed bathrooms. You poor ladies!
Overall Thoughts of Buena Park Sizzler (in haiku form)
Some food good, some bad
Overall it was a draw
On to the next one