Back to All States
Sizzler Culver City – 5801 Sepulveda Blvd, Culver City, CA
Month Reviewed: Tuesday in July, 2013
Time Visited: 7:30 pm
Entrée Selected: 6oz steak (medium rare) with baked potato and all-you-can-eat salad bar
Price (without tax): $12.99
IN A NUT SHELL…
- They have flat screen TVs! Watch the game while you eat your jello
- They have a self-serve soda fountain. Go nuts!!
- If you want a club atmosphere with your 6oz steak, this is the place to be
- Ask for as many plates as you can up front. It will take days for them to get you more
- If you love soul food, this is the only one I know that has it
- Focus on the buffet. It’s better than the entrée.
First Impression: This Sizzler had flat screen TVs and some club-like neon lighting. I thought it was great! You won’t be depressed while you eat your ambrosia here. They even have pub tables. The only thing it was missing was a bar (although they did have a self-serve soda fountain)! However, you do have to park under a freeway overpass (since the Sizzler was practically under the 90 freeway).
NOTE: They have a scale that you use if you want to just grab some buffet on the go! Sizzler by the pound!!
Staff: The service could have been better. It took FOREVER to get a second plate for the buffet. I had to ask 2 times! At one point it looked like there was one server on staff, and she seemed super busy.
Clientele: This Sizzler is a melting pot of people. The ethnicity, age range and even coupling varied greatly. Everyone was welcome at this Sizzler.
Wait Time: No wait time. 5 minutes to order and sit down. It took a bit longer than other Sizzler restaurants to get my steak, but maybe only by another 5 minutes. Sizzler is definitely not slow with getting you your food.
- Taco Shells/Tacos: Muy bueno! The taco shells wereamazing!Very crispy and light. The ground beef, cheese and guacamole i put in it was also very tasty and fresh.
- Dirty Rice: Honestly, I have no idea what’s in dirty rice, but it was damn good! I had three helpings of it!
- Sausage and Peppers: Very tasty! I’ve seen seen sausage and peppers at Sizzler before.
- Texas Toothpicks: At first I was like WTF??? But I read the description and discovered Texas Toothpicks are just friend onions and peppers. They were good!
- AMBROSIA: This Sizzler had ambrosia. Ding Ding Ding!
- Jello: Good (as always).
- Self Made Salad (iceberg lettuce, onions, olives,
garbanzo beans and artichoke hearts): very tasty! These were my veggies for the meal (aside from the potato)
- Mac n Cheese: Wow! I loved this mac n cheese. I basically mixed the dirty rice with the mac n cheese and the sausage and peppers. I had an instant smile on my face….in addition to a heart attack.
- Chicken Fajitas: Not bad. Could have been a bit warmer, but not bad. I also tried to mix this in with the mac n cheese,dirty rice and sausage and peppers, but it was better on its own.
- Fruit (watermelon, cantaloupe and pineapple: Very juicy and fresh. My mouth was happy.
- Pasta and artichokesalad: I’m not the biggest fan of pasta salad but the artichokes were a nice touch. I felt fancy eating this at Sizzler.
- Baked Potato (with the entrée): It was decent.
- Cornbread: Pretty good. Not the best, but edible.
- DIRTY FORK!!: I had a dirty fork! They give you two so I just tossed aside the dirty one, but still. Foul!
- 6oz STEAK (the entrée): Not that good. Kinda chewy and bland. At least it was warm.
- Premade strawberry salad w/ blue cheese: Soggy. Sizzler should just not make pre-made salads.
- Cheese Toast: Eh. Not as cheesy as it should be. I think Sizzler changed their cheese toast recipe. No bueno!!!!!!!
- Gumbo: I was impressed that they had gumbo, but it just wasn’t good. No way around it.
- Cucumber Salad: I tried to be fancy and attempted this salad. Cucumbers were hard. One bite and I tapped out.
- Softserve: They only had vanilla!! No chocolate. No swirl!! FUCK THAT!
- NO GUMMY BEARS: another Automatic F.
- The Soups were right next to the Desserts: This was just odd placement and made me kinda not want to get dessert. I don’t want chicken noodle in my apple cobbler!
- Clean and just as modern as the rest of the interior
- 1 urinal
- 1 stall
- Fully stocked: (plenty of tp, soap and ass gaskets)
The tomato soup was excellent, cheese toast pretty damn good and the staff very pleasant. However bathrooms were vile to the point of being unusable…I’m glad I didn’t go I’m there before I ate (or maybe I should have). On this basis I won’t risk going back!