Back to All States
San Bernardino Sizzler Review – Located at 1800 S Waterman
Meal: 6oz Steak and all you can eat salad bar
Overall Impression: All Glitz, No Glamour
Address: see below
- Price: The 60z steak and all you can eat salad bar was a dollar cheaper than any other Sizzler I’ve been to so far. If I can save a buck, you definitely get bonus points
- Ambiance: It had a newer look and feel. TVs and fancy lights. You can go wrong with Honey Boo Boo on the tube while you’re grubbin on cheese toast.
- Strawberry Short Cake: I’ve never seen this dessert at a Sizzler before…and it was tasty! I love me some diabetes.
- Baked Potato: Not bad. It was a tasty tater.
- Mac n’ Cheese: I had 3 helpings. ’nuff said.
- Self-made Nachos (chips, cheese sauce and guacamole: nummy num num! Can’t go wrong with chips and cheese…unless they’re moldy (yuck).
- Chicken Soup: I was surprised. It was pretty good. Just like grandma used to make (if she made chicken soup).
- Roasted Pepper: Not all Sizzler restaurants have these. And when they do, the quality can vary. In San Berdoo, they know how to roast a pepper!
- Ambrosia Salad: Tasty. I mean it is the food of the gods after all (but it can taste like the butt of the gods).
- Soft Serve: They had both chocolate and vanilla. I don’t hate. I like both!
- More Tables than Booths: I prefer a nice, romantic Sizzler booth to a table. What’s Sizzler without a little romance??
- Steak: Bland. Bland, bland, bland, bland.
- Lack of Food Labels: Most Sizzler restaurants have all food items at the salad bar labeled so you know what you’re eating. This Sizzler didn’t have many. I thought I was eating a meat ball. Turns out it was a crouton (not really, but it could happen).
- Cheese Toast: Again, just not the same. It’s like trying to find a McDonalds that still has the fried apple pies (instead of those damn baked ones).
- Cheese Toast Served w/ Meal (not before): I prefer my cheese toast to act as my appetizer. And usually the toast comes before the meals. In San Bernardino, they serve it with the meal. Bad form.
- Taco w/ pork carnitas: chewy, like chewbacca
- Gummie Bears: You guessed it. They don’t hang in the S.B. I guess
- No Jello: Come on!!! No Jello????
- Hot Bar and Dessert Bar intermixed: Seriously!! They had soft serve toppings right next to chicken wings which were right next to strawberry short cake. You can’t cross the streams like that!
- Separate Men’s and Women’s restrooms (this is important because believe it or not, this isn’t as common as you may think…and hope)
- In Men’s room: 2 urinals, 1 stall
- Smelled like an outhouse
HAIKU OF SAN BERNARDINO SIZZLER
Cheapest price, but blandest steak
How I yearn for more