Back to All States
San Bernardino Sizzler Review – Located at 1800 S Waterman
Meal: 6oz Steak and all you can eat salad bar
Overall Impression: All Glitz, No Glamour
Address: see below
See all pictures of this Sizzler
- Price: The 60z steak and all you can eat salad bar was a dollar cheaper than any other Sizzler I’ve been to so far. If I can save a buck, you definitely get bonus points
- Ambiance: It had a newer look and feel. TVs and fancy lights. You can go wrong with Honey Boo Boo on the tube while you’re grubbin on cheese toast.
- Strawberry Short Cake: I’ve never seen this dessert at a Sizzler before…and it was tasty! I love me some diabetes.
- Baked Potato: Not bad. It was a tasty tater.
- Mac n’ Cheese: I had 3 helpings. ’nuff said.
- Self-made Nachos (chips, cheese sauce and guacamole: nummy num num! Can’t go wrong with chips and cheese…unless they’re moldy (yuck).
- Chicken Soup: I was surprised. It was pretty good. Just like grandma used to make (if she made chicken soup).
- Roasted Pepper: Not all Sizzler restaurants have these. And when they do, the quality can vary. In San Berdoo, they know how to roast a pepper!
- Ambrosia Salad: Tasty. I mean it is the food of the gods after all (but it can taste like the butt of the gods).
- Soft Serve: They had both chocolate and vanilla. I don’t hate. I like both!
- More Tables than Booths: I prefer a nice, romantic Sizzler booth to a table. What’s Sizzler without a little romance??
- Steak: Bland. Bland, bland, bland, bland.
- Lack of Food Labels: Most Sizzler restaurants have all food items at the salad bar labeled so you know what you’re eating. This Sizzler didn’t have many. I thought I was eating a meat ball. Turns out it was a crouton (not really, but it could happen).
- Cheese Toast: Again, just not the same. It’s like trying to find a McDonalds that still has the fried apple pies (instead of those damn baked ones).
- Cheese Toast Served w/ Meal (not before): I prefer my cheese toast to act as my appetizer. And usually the toast comes before the meals. In San Bernardino, they serve it with the meal. Bad form.
- Taco w/ pork carnitas: chewy, like chewbacca
- Gummie Bears: You guessed it. They don’t hang in the S.B. I guess
- No Jello: Come on!!! No Jello????
- Hot Bar and Dessert Bar intermixed: Seriously!! They had soft serve toppings right next to chicken wings which were right next to strawberry short cake. You can’t cross the streams like that!
- Separate Men’s and Women’s restrooms (this is important because believe it or not, this isn’t as common as you may think…and hope)
- In Men’s room: 2 urinals, 1 stall
- Smelled like an outhouse
HAIKU OF SAN BERNARDINO SIZZLER
Cheapest price, but blandest steak
How I yearn for more
This Sizzler has been remodeled since your last visit. I can tell by the table tops on the pictures. This Sizzler serves by far the best Steaks, believe me, I have been eating at different Sizzlers in Southern Cali since 1988. Their Salad bar is always tasty and fresh but the best part is, by far, the service. The downside is the restrooms they need to be upgraded. Try it you will not be disappointed.
Thanks for the updated review! It has been a while since I last reviewed this location. Appreciate the new perspective.