Back to All States
Los Al Sizzler Review – 10471 Los Alamitos Blvd, Los Alamitos, CA
Month Reviewed: Thursday in June, 2013
Time Visited: 8pm
Entrée Selected: 6oz steak (medium rare) with baked potato and all-you-can-eat salad bar
Price (without tax): $13.99
First Impression: This Sizzler seemed blingy (i.e. newer) It had a fancier sign out side than others I’ve been to (it was backlit!) but it also seemed uncessarily blingy. It also seemed more modern on this inside. Either this Sizzler had a remodel a few years back or is a new location. It was also quite clean.
Staff: he staff was not that friendly, but they were not mean. They were basically zombies…zombies, feeding off the flesh of iceberg lettuce, jello and popcorn shrimp.
Clientele: There were more children at this location, but they weren’t wild (I’m not the biggest fan of children, especially while I’m eating…or flying). There were also a few recent high school grads (still in cap and gown) who had been dragged to this Sizzler for a post-graduation celebration (lucky them).
Wait Time: Total time it took to walk in, order and sit down: approx. 5 minutes. Time it took to get my food from the moment I walked in, 10 minutes.
- Baked Potato (came with entrée): Good! didn’t taste old or grungy, as potatoes can be. Fixins’ were nice and sloppy, just how I like em (please don’t read too much into this comment. if you did, you’re disgusting!).
- Taco w/ ground beef, cheese and guacamole: This was a great taco…so good I went back for another! Shell was fresh, cheese didn’t taste processed and guacamole was pretty good! and the meat…muy bueno!
- Self-made Iceberg lettuce w/ onions and carrots : Everything was fresh and crisp. I felt like a happy rabbit!
- Fruit: The fruit was excellent! Tasted very fresh and delicious
- Cheese toast: It wasn’t the absolute best Sizzler cheese toast I’ve had, but it was pretty good…good enough to get seconds (such a fat ass I am!)
- AMBROSIA: This Sizzler gets extra points for even having ambrosia. Not all Sizzlers do (for some ungodly reason). If you want to have a
saladbar fit for the gods, you need the ambrosia!
- Jello: Good (if ever I find a Sizzler with bad Jello, I’m calling the health department)
- Cottage Cheese: nice consistency (what else is there to say about cottage cheese?)
- Onion Rings: Nice and thick (hey! keep your mind out of the gutter!)
- Cookies and Cream Mousse: Very good!
- Pineapple Sauce (for desserts): You don’t always see this, so it was a nice surprise
- WET NAPS: They provided Sizzler wet naps at the end of your meal! I’ve never been given these!
- 6oz Steak (the entrée): It was kinda chewy and not as tasty as other Sizzler steaks I’ve had (and I’ve had a bunch!)
- NOTE: they don’t have the 8oz steak with the all-you-can-eat salad bar included. You only have the 6oz option. Other Sizzlers offer both options.
- Pre-made Cesar Salad: Limp and soggy (what did I tell you about keeping your mind out of the gutter???)
- Potato Wedges: not that warm and just bland.
- Broccoli Cheese Soup: I’ve had much better. Wasn’t that cheesy…and I needs my cheese
- Banana Pudding w/ Nila Waffers: Eh. pretty bland.
- Strawberry and Banana thing: I do not know what this is called, but it’s basically a dessert. It was too gelatinous
- Softserve (swirl): It was somewhat watery.
- NO GUMMY BEARS: This will always be a BAD in my book. And yes I know putting gummy bears in softserv just makes them hard, but I don’t care. I need me some gummy bears when I’m at Sizzler. In fact, the overall toppings they had was disappointing.
- Clean, but small: for a place that has an all-you-can-eat buffet, you think they’d have a bigger bathroom.
- 1 urinal
- 1 stall
- Fully stocked: plenty of tp, soap and ass gaskets
IN A NUT SHELL…
- Order the steak, but take it home for the dog. Focus on the taco bar
- If you’re a vegetarian and you’re dragged to Sizzler, just have your inconsiderate friend load you up with fruit from the salad bar
- The wet naps are a rarity and can be used for your hands or other body parts (depending on which part of you gets dirtiest from the buffet)
- Don’t take your kids to Sizzler for their graduation dinner (they’ll end up taking you there for your retirement party or put you straight into a home).