Back to All States
Sizzler Culver City – 5801 Sepulveda Blvd, Culver City, CA
Month Reviewed: Tuesday in July, 2013
Time Visited: 7:30 pm
Entrée Selected: 6oz steak (medium rare) with baked potato and all-you-can-eat salad bar
Price (without tax): $12.99
IN A NUT SHELL…
- They have flat screen TVs! Watch the game while you eat your jello
- They have a self-serve soda fountain. Go nuts!!
- If you want a club atmosphere with your 6oz steak, this is the place to be
- Ask for as many plates as you can up front. It will take days for them to get you more
- If you love soul food, this is the only one I know that has it
- Focus on the buffet. It’s better than the entrée.
First Impression: This Sizzler had flat screen TVs and some club-like neon lighting. I thought it was great! You won’t be depressed while you eat your ambrosia here. They even have pub tables. The only thing it was missing was a bar (although they did have a self-serve soda fountain)! However, you do have to park under a freeway overpass (since the Sizzler was practically under the 90 freeway).
NOTE: They have a scale that you use if you want to just grab some buffet on the go! Sizzler by the pound!!
Staff: The service could have been better. It took FOREVER to get a second plate for the buffet. I had to ask 2 times! At one point it looked like there was one server on staff, and she seemed super busy.
Clientele: This Sizzler is a melting pot of people. The ethnicity, age range and even coupling varied greatly. Everyone was welcome at this Sizzler.
Wait Time: No wait time. 5 minutes to order and sit down. It took a bit longer than other Sizzler restaurants to get my steak, but maybe only by another 5 minutes. Sizzler is definitely not slow with getting you your food.
- Taco Shells/Tacos: Muy bueno! The taco shells wereamazing!Very crispy and light. The ground beef, cheese and guacamole i put in it was also very tasty and fresh.
- Dirty Rice: Honestly, I have no idea what’s in dirty rice, but it was damn good! I had three helpings of it!
- Sausage and Peppers: Very tasty! I’ve seen seen sausage and peppers at Sizzler before.
- Texas Toothpicks: At first I was like WTF??? But I read the description and discovered Texas Toothpicks are just friend onions and peppers. They were good!
- AMBROSIA: This Sizzler had ambrosia. Ding Ding Ding!
- Jello: Good (as always).
- Self Made Salad (iceberg lettuce, onions, olives,
garbanzo beans and artichoke hearts): very tasty! These were my veggies for the meal (aside from the potato)
- Mac n Cheese: Wow! I loved this mac n cheese. I basically mixed the dirty rice with the mac n cheese and the sausage and peppers. I had an instant smile on my face….in addition to a heart attack.
- Chicken Fajitas: Not bad. Could have been a bit warmer, but not bad. I also tried to mix this in with the mac n cheese,dirty rice and sausage and peppers, but it was better on its own.
- Fruit (watermelon, cantaloupe and pineapple: Very juicy and fresh. My mouth was happy.
- Pasta and artichokesalad: I’m not the biggest fan of pasta salad but the artichokes were a nice touch. I felt fancy eating this at Sizzler.
- Baked Potato (with the entrée): It was decent.
- Cornbread: Pretty good. Not the best, but edible.
- DIRTY FORK!!: I had a dirty fork! They give you two so I just tossed aside the dirty one, but still. Foul!
- 6oz STEAK (the entrée): Not that good. Kinda chewy and bland. At least it was warm.
- Premade strawberry salad w/ blue cheese: Soggy. Sizzler should just not make pre-made salads.
- Cheese Toast: Eh. Not as cheesy as it should be. I think Sizzler changed their cheese toast recipe. No bueno!!!!!!!
- Gumbo: I was impressed that they had gumbo, but it just wasn’t good. No way around it.
- Cucumber Salad: I tried to be fancy and attempted this salad. Cucumbers were hard. One bite and I tapped out.
- Softserve: They only had vanilla!! No chocolate. No swirl!! FUCK THAT!
- NO GUMMY BEARS: another Automatic F.
- The Soups were right next to the Desserts: This was just odd placement and made me kinda not want to get dessert. I don’t want chicken noodle in my apple cobbler!
- Clean and just as modern as the rest of the interior
- 1 urinal
- 1 stall
- Fully stocked: (plenty of tp, soap and ass gaskets)